Thursday, July 31, 2008

THE BUFFET OF LOVE...


Something tender….yes….these are the two words I would use to describe love. Love has infinite worshippers. Love baptizes new souls every single day. Love is a buffet with several exotic flavors: Love can be passionate, love can be platonic, love can be sisterly, brotherly, fatherly and motherly. Love can be psychotic, love can be obsessive, love can be your life………. Love brands you with a red hot iron. It comes with it’s share of responsibilities. Only if you pass love’s test….are you a truly lovely person.

I am an apprentice of love. In the earlier stages of my life, I used to think that love is all candy sweet and that there is no pain involved. I was wrong like any other young person floating on romance novels and castles in the air. People ask me if I have truly experienced love. Now that is a tough cookie to chew on…It is easier to eat cow dung than to find true love if you know what I mean….The secret to finding true love is that you do not go looking for it, it will find you. I know this statement has been said again and again but I have recently grasped the full meaning of it. I had gone looking for love. At one point of time I assumed that I had found it but I was utterly wrong. Despondent I gave up. But then out of the blue...love branded me in a way that I will never forget.

I met a sweet girl who changed my life forever. I met her using one of the most controversial elements of the 21st century…ORKUT…hardly the place to find true love some might say.. yes…Even I had thought up the same thing. But how wrong can one be…As our friendship grew, we discovered that we had some similar tastes. We decided to give telephonic conversations and short messaging services [sms] a try. I discovered that everything I wanted in the woman of my dreams was present in her character. She was honest enough to point out my flaws and kind enough to praise me when I achieved some small goals. The proof of a genuine character is very simple. If the person criticizes you for your flaws privately but supports you publicly then that person is definitely your well wisher. She rang true in every way and made me grow more attached to her with every passing day. An unspoken kind of attachment developed between us and before I knew it we had professed our feelings for one another. I was still a bit raw at that point of time…I was still unsure if this was what I wanted, but now looking back at the past, I can safely say that yes ..it was what I wanted. I am self obsessed by nature. She pointed it out and I will be indebted to her for the rest of my life. She made me realize that in love one has to put the other person before oneself. She made me realize that a caring word or line binds the two individuals together. She made me realize that one should be original and honest and transparent. She made me realize that one can feel the pain the other half is going through if the feelings are true enough….Wow…that’s a lot of realizations. Enough to mould me as a person for the better. The greatest thing she made me accept is that in a relationship you should not consider changing yourself to adjust to each other, rather you should accommodate these features as positive plates to your character armour.

You must be wondering why I am boring you with my equally boring love story…After all there are better love stories to read aren’t there??? Romeo and Juliet, Beauty and the Beast etc. etc. but hopeless romantics like me always have a story to tell, experiences to share. We hope to spread love and inspire people who have not tasted it, not to lose hope. Love is just around the corner. Just take a blind turn and bump into it. This particular blog is dedicated to that special woman. It may not be enough but it is honest and it has emerged from the truest depths of my heart…If you are reading this….Thank you for being there for me and I sincerely hope that our’s is a small but successful story of true love….

To the rest of my readers I say that feel free and happy. All of us are burdened with the tensions and strains of everyday life. If you are not in love, shiver with happy anticipation because one day you will surely find it. To the darkest pessimistic I would say…stop being a wuss and wait for love to strike and yes….please do welcome it…maybe that will change some of your views.

I hope that I have made you see my take on love….for the stern purists who are wondering why I haven’t put exclamation marks in the right place…. I plead guilty. My keyboard’s button is out of order. Until the next time…stay lovely and pardon me for my grammatical errors.

4 comments:

PI said...

wow. that was really, really beautiful :) i hope your lady love realizes that she's a very lucky woman indeed :)

Unknown said...

now dats wat i call a fabricated truth presented in an optimistic n diplomatic way.............now dont ask me.......wat i mean by dis!!!....ya love really sounds mellifluous.....hope it does some good dan harm!!

Unknown said...

some corrections to d above comment.....by fabrication i intend to refer to a particular sentence......which d author is aware of....so if ne one hs a doubt....get it clarified....[:)]

thinkin said...

that was one beautifully written post...keeping its purity and innocence intact...
Kudos to the love you experienced and the attempt in putting those timeless moments into words :)
Cheers!