Wednesday, September 3, 2008

THE "F" WORD............FASHION....(ACCORDING TO ME IS.... :) )


Hiya everybody..... since my mood is considerably better and my eyebrows have regained their normal non-frowning positions...I will embark upon a topic close to my heart and my skin literally :)...........fashion.....

Without beating about the peeing bush :)...I will straight away put forward my list of things that irritate the hell out of me when I see them...I mean I literally blow my fuse :

  • Shaded jeans : Unless you are a film star..why ??...for pity's sake....they look horrible and cheap
  • Jeans with rivets and too many brass embellishments : Guys ...in the name of Zeus....What do you exactly want to convey ?? You look like circus clowns......Horrible....Girls ...you look pretty...Make your opposite sex counterparts understand....It is an eyesore...
  • Jeans with huge and floppy back pockets (along with a huge flap) : Again ....my male friends....it makes your backside swell up....and when you put your wallets inside those huge pockets and button them up...Heavens...one half of your backside looks as if it has been stung by millions of bees.
  • Jeans worn way, way, way below the waistline : I can understand wearing them low..even I like low waist jeans....but to wear them so low that you cannot climb up a staircase and more than 3 quarters of your underwear is visible...it's sickening to look at......(the permissible level is such that only the waistband of your underwear is visible)
  • Red and orange cargoes : Puhleaze !! Are you Govinda's protege' ?? Go drown yourself in a barrel of ditch water.
  • Formal trousers and SPORTS SHOES !! : Have you lost your marbles ?? Are you from the Planet of the Apes ?? I pity you....Go and beg for forgiveness....from the God of Fashion.....
  • Jeans in purple and off-green : Get out !!! and loan some money from the bank.... buy yourself a nice plain, blue/black jeans.

And............I can go on and on and on....but I will stop here for now.....

Now for the list of things I really,really dig....


  • Plain navy blue/light blue/dark black, stone washed/regular jeans : The plainer ....the classier....I love them simple and NORMAL :)
  • A sparkling white shirt with blue jeans : My all time favorite....A must for all boys and girls to try out....Boys look hot and girls look hotter :)
  • A jacket/blazer and jeans : Again a must try-on .....boys look sharp and girls look crisp...even if you are out partying...boys...team up a corduroy jacket with jeans and a pair of funky sneakers...it looks cool.
  • A Waist coat and Jeans : NO ...you will not look like a waiter....trust me...it looks refreshing and damn trendy....

That concludes the list of the things I really like........There are several more...but my patience is limited and so is my mood to type :)

Now...if you want to judge a really fashionable person...look downwards.....A set of smart footwear is essential...Dirty footwear annoys the hell out of me ( unless you are cavorting about in the rains.....)

This post reflects my personal opinions...I am not Versace or Armani...but I do have a decent fashion sense ( Thanks a ton Mom)....If you do not agree with me....I respect your opinions....After all..."Fashion is not about what you think looks good on you, it is about what people think....and what they feel... looks good on you"

This statement should not deter you from wearing what you feel is comfortable....but then people might speak...(Screw them....people speak only when they are jealous or when you are horribly dressed up)

Phew....that's a lot of gyaan...............I'll stop here....

PS : Girls ...your modern wear is good....but please consider wearing salwar kameezes and saris from time to time...I know saris create lots of hassles but you look darn beautiful in them
:)

CIAO

4 comments:

PI said...

why do men need a fashion sense anyway? poor things hardly have too many options to begin with :P
but yeah low waist jeans are a pet peeve with me too

thinkin said...

Being comfortable in one's attire is the first and foremost component of fashion...but they say its with the pain... well...they go hand in hand actually....but besides being comfortable and all that jazz,people should not forget to look at themselves in the mirror before heading out...
and yes,lowww waist jeans....arrrggghhhh sucks...!!!

Unknown said...

@ angel: Hey....men have lots of choices....:) lungis and dhotis are a rage in PGS here....

@thinkin: Yup....one has to be comfy...and low waist jeans......................!@#$%

J said...

Hi! This is really hilarious! I've always liked your style (I mean the way you write :))

I love the 55s, do write some more, very interesting form...like flash fiction...

I would like your blog more if it were a little less messy, but then I'm a cleanliness freak, so don't mind me :D

The blog's a good read :)