Monday, May 4, 2009

HYDERABAD BLUES, MOONS, GOONS AND TOONS.....

Hi everyone, a big hug to N and a bigger hug to T :) ....... I am back from Hyderabad :) The jewel of the Deccan.... and boy ...do I have loads to tell you :) I was selected for the Young Achiever's Program 2009 organised by IBS Hyderabad and was among the top 200 in this nationwide talent hunt... Before you think that I am a nerd with nothing better to do .... let me tell you that the exam was given by about some thousands of students who had nothing better to do on a Sunday morning than solve a paper on aptitude, general knowledge and English before the phenomenon known as the IPL started.


It was sweltering hot in Hyderabad...... and I literally survived on 7 UP and Slice..... In fact I used to pass out aerated carbonated piss during my nightly visits to the toilet... so high was my soft drink intake :)

The mornings at IBS used to be fun. We had to wake up and breakfast before 9:30 am. Our lazy Mumbai group consisting of


from left to right : Harshit, Pushkar and me, found it extremely difficult to adapt to the surroundings. We felt like a slowly diminishing species of dinosaurs trapped inside a world of punctual golden langurs who were always hopping on their tails to reach the lectures as punctually as possible.

I used to wake up somehow by 9:00 am , somehow lurch to Pushkar's door and bang the daylights out of it. Pushkar used to stumble to the door, pull it open and utter his famous dialog "Yaar, thoda so lete hain, do boond paani pila de", pull his towel ( yes his towel and not his blanket) over his head and fall asleep again......



We used to somehow awaken him, rush to the breakfast hall by 9:20 , grab ourselves a bite or two and speed off to our lecture hall :)

Will let you in on more about the fascinating trip tomorrow as I have to set out on some urgent work.....Sorry for leaving you midships :) CIAO

4 comments:

Diya said...

"We felt like an slowly diminishing species of dinosaurs trapped inside a world of punctual golden langurs"
He he he he, best expression ever, I associate in the degradation of these punctual people here :P
Work work and work... The lil boy has grown up and become a guy now ;)
Narssicism at its best again...! the post is full of Abhik Chatterjee phxx...!! he he. Nevertheless congs for your res, keep 'em burning :)

Unknown said...

@ diya : Gracias :) I seem to follow a quote by some great thinker " I cant help it if I am born beautiful" :D hey,I am not saying that I am the handsomest guy around, but it does make me feel nice to see myself posing around :) Thank you for your comment again :D

ankur said...

well "We felt like an slowly diminishing species of dinosaurs trapped inside a world of punctual golden langurs"


this line will always come to mah mind when il'l come across sum punctual people actually thx dude uve given me a line 2 defend myself...
thxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

@ankur: my sympathies to all the other people of our clan.....our motto is "Go...be lazy for a change" :D :D thanx for commenting bro,really appreciate it :)