Tuesday, December 2, 2008

MY BAKERY AND MY BLOOD CAKE...


I was alone with my sad soul; I had taken refuge in my little bakery,

The main ingredients were some happy memories and the splendid times,

I started mixing the batter and hummed a tune to shut out the outer world’s mockery,

Horrors !! The batter was red with my blood even as the Grandfather clock chimed….


I took a phial of my blissful nights, the ones that I had spent with happy dreams,

I added it to the batter along with those eternal moments which had made me their slave,

The red color refused to subside; I discovered that I was bleeding from my heart’s seams,

The blood was trickling into the batter; it was the price that I was destined to pay…..


I tried some eggs with the hope that the sunshine yellow yolks would do the trick,

They could brighten up my life’s cake and remove the dark red hue……

I then discovered that I was bleeding from the head with quite a steady drip….

The batter was solid to the core with the clotted blood; I knew that the baking was due….


I slid it into the oven and turned on the heat; the flames would wash away my pain;

It was my life blood, my soul that I was baking into a cake; alone in my little bakery…..

The oven timer chimed: I took the cake out and placed it by the window pane,

Maybe the smell would attract another lover who would free me from my little bakery…

2 comments:

PI said...

eurgh!

Unknown said...

@pseudo : here is a cup of coffee for you..no need to taste my blood cake :)