Thursday, August 28, 2008

MY PENANCE


Forgive me my heart, forgive me my soul,

The bread and butter you yearned for so dearly,

Has vanished into a dark black hole,

The pain haunts me and I cannot see clearly.



My name means “fearless” but I am trembling with fear,

Dark thoughts invade my mind and I am torn with despair,

My life feels as if it is a can of rotten and stale beer,

My true love has taken a hammering beyond repair.



I sleep and I am wide awake with shame,

I eat and my morsel tastes stale,

I dream but my dreams appear lame,

I laugh and I cry as if I have run into a gale.



I will try to bring back all that you have lost,

I will try to make you proud of the body you possess,

I will try to make your pain a long forgotten ghost,

This is my penance, Oh time!! Bury me in your recess

No comments: