Thursday, August 21, 2008

WHY......CANT.....WE.....DELETE....IT??


Since recently my brain is deluging me with weird and totally moronic topics…I cannot help but choose one out of the several crappy ideas my brain is feeding me……….

This post is meant for those who have a portable music player or a multimedia cellular phone or those who listen to music on their laptops or PCS….

When was the last time you felt and experienced the feeling I am about to describe to you now….

You scroll down the list of songs in your portable music player and you come across that one song…..the song which has painful memories attached to it…the song you would not like to hear anymore….the song which acts as a stimulant for your motor nerves which in turn activate your thumb to press the “next song” button…..

Some of you will agree with me when I say that it happens all too often which will bring me to my next question….Why cannot we delete the song???

It’s been occupying a tiny space in the hard disk or flash memory and it has been guarding it’s existence fiercely…..you do not want to listen to it….but you cannot delete it…why??

A possible explanation …. according to me is………………. that we will miss the song once we delete it. We will subconsciously search for it in the playlist and anticipate it’s opening strains before pressing the “next” button…..

Strange are the ways of the human mind and strange is the diversity of human emotions….

A part of us is present inside the song…a dark and sorrowful part and we choose not to remove it…because in times of strife we listen to it…just to remind ourselves that there was once a period of time…tougher and darker than the one we are facing now….we spill our hearts out…we become one with the song…..we pour out our grief and cry like small children until we breach happy times and once again we groove to happy songs….the process becomes a full circle and once again….our thumb presses the “next” button……..

No comments: