Monday, August 11, 2008

SINGH IS UNDOUBTEDLY AND UNDISPUTEDLY THE KING !!!


My salute to Abhinav Bindra....My chest has inflated by 100 inches...(not biologically possible but it is pretty obvious what I mean to state). The first Indian ever to win an Olympic gold medal in an individual event has shown us all that a cool head and the ability to keep one's emotions in check can thrust a person past the finishing line. Even after winning the gold, Abhinav did not succumb to the gamut of emotions raging inside his chest. As he himself said later,"I had a poker face on, but inside it was different".

Abhinav hit a target 0.5mm wide 10 consecutive times...you must be wondering about the significance of the figure 0.5mm. Take a ball point pen and just let it's tip touch the surface of a paper...Do you see the dot??? That's how wide his target was... and he hit that 10 consecutive times from a distance of 10 meters......truly remarkable.

I realised the significance of Abhinav's win only when I watched the feed on Doordarshan with a plate of curd and rice in my hands and my feet were resting on the divan ( College was called off due to heavy rain...hence the luxury)...The sight of India's flag soaring above the other two flags gave me goosebumps...over dramatic you say??? but I swear I felt as if
I was transported to Beijing...into the arena...How I wish I could have lifted him onto my shoulders!! (My shoulders would have cracked.....because I am a frail guy ..anyway...)..I actually kept my plate on the floor and clapped ( that is saying something because I do not leave my curd and rice even if Sourav Ganguly hits a century { I am a Bengali....you see...})...Heres wishing Abhinav all the best for his future endeavors and congratulations to him once again..He has made each and every one of us proud....


Now talking about Singh Is Kinng...this movie is certainly generating the right vibes...Akshay Kumar...man...I admire this guy...he is the only Bollywood actor who stares the Khans in the eyes...in terms of hits and in terms of renumeration....looks like he is going to have another hit on his hands...



Now for this guy...his new album is out..Avengi ja nahi...some of the tracks are absolutely fantastic from my point of view...you could try listening to the title track,Challaya and Ballo. The songs have been sung in Punjabi but Rabbi has infused a bit of earthiness and lilting feel into each song..if you manage to catch the feel..you will have no trouble in deciphering what the lyrics are trying to say.......

I finally got a chance to type all this down after a long time because my results were looming over my head and I was in the blackest of moods...but then that is what Abhinav's gold medal managed to achieve...it made me blog....




I also want to use this space to mourn the late Ishmeet Singh


The smiling lad was truly a gifted singer and his death made me feel sad..for reasons unknown...May his soul rest in peace...


And finally since I am a cricket buff...I offer my deepest condolences to Gary Kirsten ,the Indian coach who lost his mother recently....may her soul rest in peace...




....that I think will be all for now....cause I seem to have crossed the T's and dotted the I's ...I will now resume waiting for my results with bated breath..and oh yeah!!...hope that a special someone kicks her blues away completely and is totally happy and smiling once again.....No No ...I was not talking about Sania Mirza......

1 comment:

PI said...

that's the ultimate khidchi post man! :D
however, i'm absolutely ecstatic about the gold medal. still upset about ishmeet. enjoyed singh is kinng. and thanks for the update about kirsten.
so all in all, i seem to agree with u on all counts :)