Wednesday, October 1, 2008

DAD...MY DAD



It's not father's day....but still ....today I have a gamut of emotions stirring within my chest. This post is dedicated to my father Ashok Chatterjee.He is in my estimate the most courageous and morally correct person I have ever seen in my entire life. It's true that all of us admire our dads and in our eyes...everybody's dad is the perfect one......but my dad is kinda different. Heard this statement several times earlier ? :) Dont worry...I will not bore you and that is a promise :)

My dad lost his father at the tender age of 15. He was the last son in a family of 7 boys and 2 girls. My dad never got to pursue his dream....he wanted to become either an IAS officer or a doctor. His educational aspirations were not realised because nobody funded his education. My dad was a brilliant Table Tennis player. He got selected for the UP under 19 tournament but at the last moment my grandmother fell ill and he quit just so that he could be with her. He paid his Class X , XI and XII fees by working in a sugarcane factory at night. He had just one set of his school uniform and no shoes......But still he topped his school in the CLASS X and XII board exams.

My dad has suffered in his professional life, I am not afraid to say that we lost several of our treasured possessions.......but even at the age of 54 my dad is still fighting. My babba still sleeps with me when I run a fever, he still sits up with me at night to watch cricket matches, he still guides me and corrects me whenever I am wrong. He is very affectionate...my dad....he really is...We average a hug a day (and a hug every 2 days when he is angry with me). His "Achcha Babu" is something I do not want to leave home without when I set out for college.He has provided me with everything that a son can wish for.My dad a Bsc,Msc,LLB,MPA is still my inspiration. Which man will leave a foreign job just because his mother doesn't want him to leave her?? Very few people will......He treats us every time he has money. He never thinks about buying that Arrow shirt or that Colorplus pant but he will always buy me my Lee jeans......

Love you Dad....for being there for me. I am proud to be your progeny, your son....I hope I make you proud. I wanted to say so much more.....but I cant......too emotional right now :) ...CIAO

3 comments:

thinkin said...

Beautiful expression of thoughts... :)

Unknown said...

@thinkin: thanx.....how many times shld i thank u for readin my insipid posts?? :) thnx again :)

thinkin said...

dont mention,
its actually worth it..
trust me.. :)