Monday, October 27, 2008

SEX AND THE INDIAN CITY


When we talk about sex nowadays, we do not disappear behind our friend’s back or flip the burkha back over our faces. Sex in India today, is discussed with a lot of fervor, spice and openness. The degree to which the openness (regarding discussions on the topic of sex) has reached in the Indian metros especially Mumbai and Delhi, is alarming to see. Heck!!! Its progress :)

The one thing which irks me no end , is the manner and unsubtle way in which these topics are discussed and treated. I am no moral guardian but I firmly believe that topics like these should be discussed in a subtle manner. To give you an example and prove my point, I would like to recount an incident which took place whilst I was seated with some of my friends at Karims (A delicious Kabab joint in Delhi). A group of guys were seated in the table opposite to ours. Now at this point, in walked a beautiful girl with a nerdy boyfriend. Immediately the group of guys started off …“Hot a** man !!”,”Want her in b** with me”,” Awesome t*** man!!”. The poor girl looked at her boyfriend for support who turned blue with fear and whisked her out of the joint. Frankly…I knew that Delhi was a loud place…but then I never knew that it was this loud….

I was hanging out with one of my friends and his girlfriend ( a big mistake) when they started off on this highly embarrassing conversation. Let us name my friend A and his girlfriend B…

A: Yeah, I don’t think that I can f*** anyone after B.

B: My friends have experimented a lot, every other night , they f*** a different guy.

A: Yeah but they don’t do it like us Babe (smiling)

B: Shut up, I have a sore back from the last time.

A: But you have to admit, the first time was fun….

B: Yeah, sweet but some pain as well..

Me: Ahem….cough !!! cough !!!

B: Have you f**** anyone ??? (directed at me)

Me: (turning blood red)…Ahem…no no….

B: Whaaaat???...You mean to say you haven’t experimented???

Me: (turning violet)….Er…no no….

A: F*** man!!! You have missed out on a lot…Why don’t you catch somebody from college and sc** her (laughs)

Me: Would stop with all these f**** already???

A: ha ha ……….

B: Tell me when you are ready…I have some nice friends….

Me: (grimly) are you running a prostitute centre???

B: (nervously)…Er….no no…..

Me: Lets finish the conversation then…

Phew….I was happy to get out that place with my life, brain and virginity intact…..

I am not against sexual topics and body contours :) being discussed because people cannot be stopped :)…but all I would like to see is some subtlety…When you are discussing it with your friends, keep your voice frequency tuned down so that it is audible only to your group members. When you are commenting on body contours ( you should not be doing so in the first place but anyway ….), please say it in your mind or whisper it under your breath…because when it is loud, it is nothing better than eve teasing and harassment…it could get you into trouble as well if the boyfriend is built like Sylvester Stallone.

Now the moral guardian…thinks that is time….to sign off :) CIAO and A VERY HAPPY DIWALI TO ONE AND ALL….Best wishes and lots of luck :)

6 comments:

PI said...

well, sexual liberation ought to be encouraged in the sense that talking about it is good. am not so sure about the experimental bit, and am not getting moral here. so that conversation seriously alarms me. no wonder india has so many cases of hiv infections.

Unknown said...

@pseudo :Yeah exaxtly....its being overrated

thinkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thinkin said...

yeah..sometimes people get hyper just to make the world around feel how comfortable they are with such topics..
and who says not losing virginity is a sin...give me a break..such kinda people just need an organ, and it all becomes just an activity for them...and making love is something way above all this ...
peace...
p.s. the new look of the blog looks realy good :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

@ thinkin : i read one of your posts in which u brought out how wonderful love makin can be and u posted a video as well, i agree with u, i support "making love" over having sex. making love is so beautiful, it sounds pure, having sex well...it sounds okayish :)