Sunday, November 23, 2008

THE SCAR STORY ...

I am in an autobiographical mode today….My left hand is littered with several scars….One on my forearm…Three on each of my knuckles….three on my fingers and one on my palm……


The scars have taught me several important lessons:


1) Do not ever rush to someone’s aid unless you have the capability to take pain… I have been luckily blessed with the capability to absorb reasonable amounts of pain…..

2) Do not think that being a hero is easy…beating up the villains is not child’s play. 9 out of 10 times you will be beaten up instead.


I come from Lucknow, the city of Nawabs. Now Lucknow is divided into two parts, old Lucknow and the modern part known as Gomti Nagar. In old Lucknow there is a place known as Aminabad, famous for it’s numerous shops, notorious for the various murders it has played host to and feared for it’s social unrestlessness.


I had once gone to have a dekko accompanied by some of my friends at around 7 in the evening. Now Aminabad has several arms shops which sell air guns, pistols etc….All my friends crowded into the shops excitedly to have a look at the “pieces of art” :). I, on the other hand preferred to visit the aquarium across the street. I enjoyed myself thoroughly and learnt a lot about “kippers” and “guppies” that day.


As I was stepping out of the shop I happened to cross a dark alley which led to a rural Muslim settlement some metres away. My ears were literally pierced by a scream which rang out…I placed the scream to have come from a small girl and assumed that she must be in some sort of trouble… I looked around me…Everybody had either not heard the scream or else were pretending not to have heard it at all. I strode into the alley and was encountered with a truly disgusting sight.


A small girl about 8 to 9 years old was being held by three young boys…One of them was trying to perform some horrible activity with her skirt because the way he was tugging at it sickened me…The other two were holding onto to each of her arms. What truly shocked me was the age of the girl!! Such a small girl…Such a tender age…even small girls are not safe nowadays…. I let fly with some expletives and tried to scare the boys away…To my horror all three of them came flying at me…Two of the bastards caught me by the neck and arms while the third proceeded to slap me left, right and centre. The poor girl scampered off and stood at a distance and watched with her hands tightly clutching her braid.


I managed to free myself somehow and took the swine in front of me by the throat and proceeded to tear his shirt off…But I had discounted the other two…All of a sudden I felt something warm trickling down my forearm. The bastards had slit it with a vegetable knife…. A peanut hawker had arrived on the scene and confronted by the fight he ran to get some help….The pain was blinding…. Looking at blood makes me dizzy and the amount of blood flowing out of my arm made me nauseous… The boys proceeded to push me against a standing Bajaj Pulsar and to my misfortune the bike came down on my left hand…My left hand was flattened under the bike tanker and I was howling like someone on the verge of madness…… My howling did scare the boys away though :) They scampered like rabbits…. I do have a loud voice……People swarmed the place and rest of the story is as usual the same boring one…Everyone took me took me to a doctor…..I got patched up…blah blah blah and I kept smirking at the spineless asses who did not have the decency to react to the girl’s screams.


That is the story of my scars of some of the scars….My heart went out to the little girl and all the girls in general…. All my life I have treated the fairer sex with the outmost respect and never touched them without their permission…. The sight of the boys all over the little girl really made me feel ashamed of the male community…. I wish I could flog the bastards if I get another chance but first I must bulk up my body a bit…excuse me :) the dumbells are waiting :)

6 comments:

PI said...

both brave and foolhardy of you.the girl must be mentally worshipping you still... you're someone's knight in shining armour, abc!

Unknown said...

@ pseudo : well dear, the little girl was so little that i felt ashamed of the boys... I reacted on instinct :)

thinkin said...

Bravo...
This act of yours not only saved that little girl on that fateful day..but somewhere several other girls who would have been teased by those bunch of Losers in future...
Atleast now they would remember that act of yours to go any further...
proud to know you... :)
Way to go :)

Unknown said...

@thinkin : thanx....nothing else that i can do except blush :)

Mads said...

i loved this post....blogrolling u....awesome to know such guys exist in this world...
saw ur profile while commenting on pseudo's blog post.... :D

Unknown said...

@mads : thank u ....well its more of an instinct really..to react under such situations :) if your nerve is good, you will do the right thing :) yeah pseudo's a very, very good friend of mine..